Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

On The Rocks

All right! so our first critique will be a MAN critique. Has anyone ever herd of whiskey rocks or scotch stones? Well I had seen them before and wanted some so my loving wife gave me a set of "Scotch Stones" as an early b-day present.

 I will say I had the excitement of a ten year old boy getting his first ever bb-gun. The packaging was really cool and sleek. A nice box with a magnetic flap held everything together. Upon opening it the stones, which are soap stone carved to the size of dice, are displayed neatly and a burlap bag is provided for freezing.

Once the stones have been rinsed and air dried they are ready for the freezer. In about four hours you have perfectly freezing stones in hand and ready to chill your drink. My first thought was actually "damn these are cold!". Placing four, more or less, stones into a glass and filling it with your favorite spirit just to the top of the first stone.

 I will say These things do cool one snort of whiskey pretty quickly but pour in a mixer and you should let it sit for a second or two. Clean up is quick and easy; all you have to do is rinse them off under water then let them air dry and refreeze! No taste is imparted to your drink from the stones and it never gets watered down! I love these things! The only down fall like i said earlier is they don't cool off a tall drink very well. Other than that these are a must have for anyone serious about their drink!

Check them out at amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS